Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
find index fragmentation
I'm using below query to find index fragmentation. Here why we are selecting [b]index_id > 0? & page_count>1000
[quote]SELECT database_id,object_id, index_id, index_type_desc,avg_fragmentation_in_percent,...
xp_cmdshell permission in SQL Server Authentication mode
- Hallo all together:
Here is what I tried to do about xp_cmdshell permission
- MSSQL Server 2005 Express
[b]- SQL Server Authentication Mode[/b]
I am using XP_CMDSHELL in SQL 2005. If Run the below query then it creates the file in the...
User cannot not see stored procedures
- hi guys, i was wondering if you can help me, I have two identical databases in different servers. I have...
Database Users Disabled
Is there any way that when creating a new SQL login and creating the user for that login that it...
invalid login for user on sql 2000 standard
Today we moved a production database from our sql 2000 server to a sql 2005 server. all went well. EXCEPT...
Does a development DBA need to learn dot.net language. ?
- Dear All,
I have a doubt.
Does a DBA need to learn dot.net language. ?
Effective specification of a new SQL server hardware requirements
- Hi again,
When asking your support guys for a new SQL box - how do you come to the decisions you do...
Inserting zero in Identity Column
I have an identity column where the identity seed is 1 and identity increment is 1. When i insert...
SQL Server Agent Job failing while scheduleing LInked server SP
- I have read about 50+ post on this website but not able to find the answer that I am looking...
Should memory be increased?
I have a machine that I had to limit the max memory setting on all the instances since SQL...
SQL2005 - any experience with query governor cost limit or similar techniques to limit queries?
- We want to limiting resource intensive queries on our SQL2005 transactional system - particularly at month end.
As documented the only method...
Sql tables for all countries States and Cities
- I need Sql tables for all countries States and Cities
- Hi all
i can not take full backup of my database due to this error.
The backup of the file or...
sql server restore
- Hi All,
can anyone pls suggest me how to restore multiple databases.Is there any scripts or scheduling task.I want to copy...
MDX Query Performance Issue
- I have a Cube with three dimensions, InventoryItems, InventoryLocations, and ServerTime. When I leave the InventoryLocaions dimension out of my...
(Star or Snowflake) and Snowmelt?
- First - I have searched, and haven't come across an answer that makes sense to me, so far.
The Setup: I am...
UDA parallelism issue
- I have this simple UDA:
MaxByteSize = 8000
public struct MY_AVG : IBinarySerialize
Cont: I/O error an dutility isn't helpful yet
- Hi, i posted a few days ago in general discussion about a problem i was having with the databases on...
transactions and locks
- Hi all,
i need more depth knowledge in sql server transactions and locks.pls give better links for these.
- Hey guys,
I have an insert trigger which updates a field in another table. The trigger is shown below:
Subquery to Joins
How to convert Subquery into Joins
Id wise Min Drawtime and Max Drawtime
DECLARE @TEMP TABLE (Rid INT IDENTITY,id INT...
Full Text: AND vs. OR
- I'm working on a website where I'm trying to implement Full Text (SQL Server 2005) searching capabilities against a few...
insert null in smalldatetime field
I have a webform and if user doesn't select any date from the form then it will send null in...
Correlated Subquery with MIN()
- I have the following set of data...
RowNumber mftp_type symbol type
----------- ---------- ---------- ----------
1 CL pdsl.a clus
2 CL pdsl.a ulus
Updating Information in a Table with Data from Another
I hope this is the right place for this post and that the question that now follows will not be...
Need to empty my database?
- I Needed a training database. So I copied our main database and renamed it so it won't get confusing. But...
Space is not released after move to other filegroup
- I moved some big tables from PRIMARY to SECONDARY filegroup. I did this using
1) DROP INDEX indexname ON tablename...
How to better prevent tempdb log file full
- This is not an uncommon topic. After much reading, I manage to read a good one with [url=http://dausman.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!1pugD9ZQNpvEQDaj87K9usXA!184.entry][/url]
The following written...
How to give a login read-only access to an SQL server?
- I would like the ability to give new contractors read-only access to an SQl Server so that they can look...
Question about unique constraint
- I've master tables and row as follow,
[code="sql"]CREATE TABLE [dbo].[tCompy](
[idx] [smallint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[cd] [varchar](50) NOT NULL,
[desn] [varchar](50) NOT NULL,
- If we have a sql server instance that contains potentially 50+ dbs each with replication (used to move data for...
- Hi. A vender requested I run a script against their database hosed on SQL Express. I connected to the instance...
SQL Express 2005 & Business Contact Manager 2007
I have a customer running Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager 2007 and SQL Server Express 2005. OS is Windows...
- Hi All,
i used sql dmv views to check index usage, i found that some indexes are not used at all
Adding new field
- Hi All,
I have a table containing a clustered index , as i know and correct me pls if i am wrong,...
create a maintenance plan for Full Backup that includes the copy backup to the network drive
- Guys I need help using Maintainence plan designer, i want to create a maintainence plan that creates Full Backup everyday....
Memory: Pages/Sec does not peak though Memory Utiliz is high
- We are facing severe performance probs on one of our prod servers. And we trying to identify the hardware bottleneck....
How to get statistics after executing Procedure
- After executing a procedure I have to know the statistics like Reads, Writes, Duration, RowCounts.
Can any one tell me how...
Reorganize Index Task
While running maintenance plan for reoranizing the index for user database we are getting the following error
"Failed:(-1073548784) Executing the query...
ActiveX script to SSIS
- Function Main()
Dim objFSO 'File System Object
Dim outputfile 'Output File Name
Dim adoconnection 'ADO Connection Handle
Dim rs 'ADO...
Call multiple ssis packages and execute them from master ssis package
I have few SSIS packages located in some folder. They should execute in certain oder one by one.
SSIS Error - export data to sybase db (error code 0xC0047022)
- I am trying to create an SSIS package to transfer data from SQL Server to Sybase db.
I created a simple...
Input parameter issue in SSIS
I'm checking wheather the query return data from database. every loop, i pass in a query through a variable to...
Data Flow Destination MySQL
- I need to populate a table in MySQL with data from a SQL view. I am trying to figure out...
Issue with Invoking SSIS which reads Excel in 64 bit machine
- Hi All,
I have a vb.net application written to invoke SSIS Package which reads excel file and populates a temporary DB...
Lookup task with Recordset variable
I have a recordset in my package populated with the TypeIds of data I want to include. Now I would...
How to use Robocopy within an Execute Process task?
- I'm trying to create one SSIS package that I can deploy to all servers to use for backing up databases....
SSIS, "Class Not Registered" error...deployment or permissions issue?
- I'm getting an error with an SSIS package that reads from an Access DB on a network share and writes...
SSIS package reacts slow in BIDS
One of my packages in my SSIS solution is reaction very slow in the BIDS UI.
Selecting a task in the...
SSIS Package hangs without any errors
- Hello all,
The package I've been working on just hangs now without any errors in the execute process window or the...
IS package timeout
We've got a Control-M job which runs an IS package, which times out if one of the queries takes longer...
Using Start and End dates to create a number of months column
- Im trying to simplify a stupidly long winded query. the example is below
CREATE TABLE Test_Registrations
Is there a way to create a Trigger on 2 tables?I want to fire a trigger if tableA (or/and) Table...
Help with TOP clause
I need some help to accomplish what I thought would be a fairly simple task, but now I'm not so...
first element in sublist
- I have a problem. I have table:
How to write sql statement...
Get Unique Transaction ID For The Current Transaction
- Hi all :)
When multiple tables are updated in a single transaction, is there any way to tie those changes together...
0 rows output when using SSMS Import/Export Wizard
- I've got an ad hoc query that is pulling data from two different databases on the same server. I want...
Join within and across tables
- I have Three Tables
Table 1 = School
Name rollno Result ClassCaptain
Student1 001 PASS NULL
Student2 002 PASS NULL
Student3 003 PASS NULL
Student4 004 PASS NULL
Student5 005 FAIL NULL
Class1 006 PASS 003
Class2 007 FAIL 004
A student may or may not be a apart of class and the relationshsip...
Problem in data restoration
I am in a great trouble, I have taken backup on sql server 2005 and want to restore back...
Email Notification when SQL Server Agent Stops
- Is it possible to get an email notification in SQL Server 2000, when an SQL Server Agent Stops?
Unable to start SQL 2000 SP4
- We have a system that was having disk array issues. We replaced a drive and eventually rebuilt the drive arrays.
Changing server collation
Way back, our server collation was set to Latin1_General_Bin to satisfy the requirement of some software running on that server....
Linkedserver to Remore MS ACCESS FILE
- I am trying to create a linked server using below
@server = N'ACCESS_CUSTOMERS',
@provider = N'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
@srvproduct = N'ACCESS',
@datasrc = N'\\126.96.36.199\d$\Oasis\honey_be.mdb'
-- Set up...
SQL Server 2005 Job email notification alerts
- Hi there, I was wondering if somebody could tell me how to configure the notification alerts on a job properties....
Is that necessary/mandatory to install sp4 on sql server 2000 before going Sql 2008 migration with sp1?
why am asking this...
Is it possible to put a query governor on a specific database user?
- Hey guys, first time poster here. I've got a web application that hits my database under a specific user that...
Want to know the reason behind why the sql server is not validating the existing data once i enable a...
Query to denormalize table rows into single row
I have a situation where a table has - lets say two columns
Person name and transaction date.
A person can have up...
Full Text Search
- Hi All,
I have a problem when i am trying to search some keywords in a particular column in a table....
SQL Server Domain Migration
- Hi Champs,
I have requirement to Migrate SQL server 2005 from one doamin/forest to another Domain/forest.
I have few applications and some...
Query on optimization
i have a SQL query having inner join with 8 tables, now i am using stored procedure to get...
I am new in Replication pls help me.
In my environment Transactional replication is already existed [ One publisher and...
SSIS Lookup following OLEDB command always fails
- When I receive a particular flat file, I extract some data and insert it into a "master" table. Then, I...
we only need to know if DB is down due to some issue
- Hi , i have question ,
using SQLSERVER2008 STANDARD EDITION 64 BIT.
IS THERE ANY SCRIPT FOR THR MONITORING THE SERVER PERFORMANCE ,
SSIS Slower for Data Imports??
- I have been told by my manager that SSIS 2008 is slower than Hibernate for data migration, apparently because of...
Microsoft SQLserver 2008 Training Kit Exam (70-432)
- Hi All,
Just wanted to make sure im not crazy, i have been reading through this book and found information regarding...
Loading Large Files
- I am working on an asp.net application where I have to upload 2 excel files which contain millions of rows...
Best settings for MinMemory and MaxMemory
- I've got a server with 40GB of RAM that is going to be a dedicated SQL 2008 server.
I'm just wondering...
Need to take one row with max of id from a table with multiple rows with same data
i have a table with few columns
table source (id,memno,date_trans,name1,name2,x,yz..)
after querying on some conditions i get the result in destination table...
Cross Apply, Help me ?
- [code="sql"]create table A(A1 int)
insert into A(A1)values(1)
insert into A(A1)values(2)
insert into A(A1)values(3)[/code]
[code="sql"]I have a variabe -> @i
IF @i = 3 then I...
How do I show items dated 1 day from current date?
- Greetings experts,
I have strongly very much with this query all day today.
I have a fieldname of datetime datatype called FunctionDate.
Experiencing a problem when copying my new SQL database to live server
- Hi there.
Couldn't see how to completely remove my request so taken it out.
Concatenate column rows into one row with a group by
- I have this data in a table
grp ledger amount
1 A01 5
1 A02 3
1 A03 4
2 A22 8
3 A33 3
3 A36 4
I need to sum the amounts grouping by grp
I also need to concatenate...
- Hi All,
We have a SQL server 2005 db which we are going to deploy on customer's server(will be accessed by...
2008 Clustering Changes
- Hi All,
I am building a 2 node cluster for BizTalk 2008 and this is my first time for 2008...I am...
Adding an instance to a SQL2008 Cluster
- How would one go about adding an instance to a SQL2008 cluster? I am running a Server 2008 Cluster with...
Not able to Modify MAintainace Plan
- Hi All,
I am using SQL Server 2008 STD 64 bit edition with Sp1 with cummulative update 2 on windows server...
Legit 70-433 Practice Exams
- Did some searches for practice exams and found things that looked shady at best. Are there any legitimate Practice exams...
70-433 Exam book
- I've decided to study for 70-433, anyone have an opinion on this book?
The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-433...
ever take a salary cut to move into a field you wanted experience in?
- ive been working with sql server for 4 or so years from a support and admin point of view. im...
SQL Premier Field Engineer. Some questions on this role...
- There is a role in my location for a Sql server premier field engineer. Currently i am in application support,...
SQL Developer to DBA
- How can someone go from a SQL Developer to a DBA? Is it possible? My biggest question is: If everyone...
- Are there any decent and legitimate jobs out there that are parttime and let you keep your "day job"? I'd...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
passing a value from subreport to main report
I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere.
I have a report that is trying to assign...
string to date conversion using script component/data conversion transformation
- Hi All,
I am in need of converting string( Eg: "Jun 20 2005 4.00 PM" --- this string is strored in my...
Execute sql task and variable
- i am trying to get list of records for a Ano and the query in my execute sql task is...