Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Pulling real-time data from Twitter using StreamInsight Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:02 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:17 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Pulling real-time data from Twitter using StreamInsight
Post #994909
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:17 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, March 21, 2014 11:15 AM
Before I will test it, I have a query, please:

I understood from Twitter that they have just changed (September 2010) their authentication flow to use oAuth authentication method (it points to Oauth Authentication Flow ver. 1.0a)

Will your solution work under this new oAuth flow?

Kind Regards
Post #994983
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:42 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:17 AM
Yes, Twitter changed their authentication in September. From what I have seen it has not had any impact on the streaming API.

I will update the adapter to work with oAuth later if needed and publish on CodePlex.

Note however that this adapter is for educational purposes only and not designed for a production environment.

Kind Regards,
Johan

Zeev Kazhdan (9/29/2010)
Before I will test it, I have a query, please:

I understood from Twitter that they have just changed (September 2010) their authentication flow to use oAuth authentication method (it points to Oauth Authentication Flow ver. 1.0a)

Will your solution work under this new oAuth flow?

Kind Regards
Post #994994
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:02 AM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Monday, July 22, 2013 11:59 AM
Awesome article sir - I think I'll definitely be playing around with this

Atlantis Interactive - SQL Server Tools
My blog
Why I wrote a sql query analyzer clone
Post #995113
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:04 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 11:56 AM
I'm going to ask some really stupid questions.

Why would anyone want to pull data from Twitter? What data are you pulling when you do?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #995180
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:20 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:29 PM
I think Twitter has some great possibilities for workflow, and interacting with your customers/followers. I know I'd love to get streaming data from Twitter on what's happening with SQLServerCentral, and maybe SQLHelp. Get that information out, and use it to increase conversations, or maybe just see what people are saying about SQL Server.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #995272
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:58 AM
Brandie Tarvin (9/29/2010)
I'm going to ask some really stupid questions.

Why would anyone want to pull data from Twitter? What data are you pulling when you do?

I was thinking this myself as being only an occasional Twitter-er... however, I began to think of business applications where Clients / Customers could Tweet their interest in something... say a project they wish to put their name in for consideration. It appears that thru this API one could pull enough relevant information to join with a background app. Sure they could have just text'd or sent an email to the same system. Obviously with Twitter the message should not be sensitive in nature. This may just offer another way (easily I hope) to connect. Interested to hear other people's ideas too.

I will be playing with this as well - thanks for the summary POST!!!

Regards,

Sean

Post #995291
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:57 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, March 10, 2014 3:52 PM
I found the article informitive. Years ago I had a need for streaming data into sql server like this for an application that gathered realtime stats. After Reading the article and seeing StreamInsight applied it would of been perfect back then for what we were doing. Unfortunately that was 9 years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Full Links:
KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum
Post #995396
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:06 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 5:28 PM
Nice article. Now I need to find more time to play around with it.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #995442
Posted Sunday, February 06, 2011 11:16 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, February 06, 2011 11:15 PM
Why do you use Newtonsoft.Json? Don't we have a DataContractSerializer that supports Json?
Post #1059337
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse