Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

RedGate Removal Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:03 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:50 AM
Hello all,

I have sql server 2005 and 20008 developers edition installed on my pc.
I had installed redgates bundle toolbelt, and my trial is over so I uninstalled all redgate applications.

But in my sql 2005 and 2008 it still shows the menu items. How can I remove these as well.

Thanks,
KS.
Post #990825
Posted Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:20 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:32 PM
A registry cleaner should be able to clean those out.

Did you run the uninstall from Add/Remove programs or some other means?

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #990841
Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:19 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

I am using windows 7 64bit. And yes I ran windows add/remove.

I'll try ccleaner.

Thanks,
KS
Post #991069
Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:42 AM
SSC Rookie

FYI, ccleaner did not work.
Post #991164
Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:04 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 1:56 PM
Dude

don't tackle the registry directly! Try this link from MS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #991326
Posted Friday, April 18, 2014 7:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:09 PM
so easy to install --- such a pain in the *** to uninstall... 15 separate items all need to be individually uninstalled, and then half of them open one or more web pages asking for feedback. While feedback is great, NOT 8 TIMES...
Post #1563021
Posted Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:27 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:19 AM
Hi drbob,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm the person at Red Gate currently kicking off the work to revamp our licensing and installation processes as we're fully aware they're not a great experience at the moment.

If you're also having issues with the menu items in SSMS or VS please do let us know. In SSMS for example going to Tools > Customize and deleting the Red Gate toolbar should help, but if SQL Prompt is still showing as a menu item it likely didn't completely uninstall, and therefore we'd be happy to look into what has gone wrong. If so please do email support at red-gate dot com with details of exactly what's left behind after uninstall. Many thanks.

However if you just had a poor experience uninstalling our software I'd like to apologise and assure you we're aware of the issues and looking to tackle them.

Best Regards,
Michael
Post #1564649
Posted Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:09 PM

Sorry, I get a little hot headed when deadlines come and go and nothing goes as planned.....
I think the Red-Gate toolbelt is really a fine product, however I can never make enough time to truly evaluate it all, EVEN after I have extended my test time twice (on 2 separate machines at 2 different times). The DB schema compare is AWESOME, the documentor is great, but that is all that I've been able to test so far. (one man shop:)

Glad to hear that the uninstall process is a known issues and I look forward to evaluating that when it's available.
Post #1564941
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse