Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 20, 2010 2:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 20, 2010 8:33 AM
Hi you guys. i have just join. I try to connect to the internet with my laptop and i got the following error:
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log file for database 'Webdata2' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log file for database 'Webdata2' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space."

Can someone please help me. Oh yes i almost forgot. the site is my motherboards manufacture site EPOX.
Post #989174
Posted Monday, September 20, 2010 2:46 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 20, 2010 8:33 AM
Sorry guys i saw the last part of the error did not come out right. Here is the error again:
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log file for database 'Webdata2' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

/includes/class.asp, line 284"

thanks

Leon
Post #989177
Posted Monday, September 20, 2010 10:13 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 1:55 AM
IC, the answer to your question... is your question.

This isn't a connection error or an error with your query. The administrators need to get onto the box and fix the log. It's run out of space.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions | Forum Netiquette
For index/tuning help, follow these directions. |Tally Tables

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA
Post #989540
Posted Monday, September 20, 2010 2:56 PM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Friday, July 18, 2014 11:32 AM
Agreed. You need to either perform a log backup on the database in question to clear the log or grow the log if possible.

Joie Andrew
"Since 1982"
Post #989792
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse