Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Squeezing Wasted Full Scans out of SQL Server Agent Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 08, 2003 12:00 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 06, 2013 6:52 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bMusser/squeezingwastedfullscansoutofsqlserveragent.asp

Student of SQL and Golf, Master of Neither
Post #9857
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2003 4:47 PM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:06 AM
Excellent Article. I've seen the heartbeats you describe ever since 7.0, and had researched it to see what it was years ago, but never thought to change the behavior myself. I simply accepted that I knew what did it, it was a system function, and left it at that. There have been many times, in watching performance counters that I wished I could easily recover that processing time myself. Kudos.....

Post #53787
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:33 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:01 AM
Good write up! I think I'd add that you want to make sure you save the changed script out someplace since a service pack "might" overwrite your change - and you'll need to look for such changes when applying the service pack. Not a big deal.

Andy
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #53788
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse