Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 2005 Interview Questions Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:58 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 1, 2011 6:50 AM
Hi All,

Please provide me a link from where I can download the SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2005 interview questions.
Post #985310
Posted Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:26 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 6:05 AM
There's no fixed set of questions, different companies will ask different questions. Memorising questions is not the way to go about preparing for an interview. A good interviewer can tell the difference between someone who knows the area and someone who's memorised answers.

Don't exaggerate your skills.
Don't be afraid to say "I don't know", but always have a plan for finding out.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #985322
Posted Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:37 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:28 AM
Ashish I can give you 100 questions on each and I assure you that you will fail to answer any new technical query that arises in production or atleast at development.

This approach is not advisible.

Spend some time understanding the underlying architecture of BI-DW

Anyways, since you have taken time to post:

Please try to answer the following:

Can you enhance an existing aggregation design (custom or produced with the
Aggregation Design Wizard) with an aggregation design from the usage-Based
optimization Wizard?

Regards/Raunak
Now a member of Linkedin

Please visit the all new Performance Point Forum
Please visit the all new Data Mining and Business Analytics Forum
Post #985326
Posted Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:12 PM
ashish.mehrotra (9/14/2010)
Hi All,

Please provide me a link from where I can download the SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2005 interview questions.

You can find link to list of interview questions on this page - MS SQL Interview Q&A.

==================
Visit my blog!
Post #1047000
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:11 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 27, 2014 3:40 PM
Hi,

I tried to List SSIS/SSRS/TSQL and DWH real time questions those I learnt from different companies while interviewed or my students/Friends were asked.

http://sqlage.blogspot.com/

Thank you
Aamir
Post #1525855
Posted Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:57 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:51 PM
GilaMonster (9/14/2010)
There's no fixed set of questions, different companies will ask different questions. Memorising questions is not the way to go about preparing for an interview. A good interviewer can tell the difference between someone who knows the area and someone who's memorised answers.

Don't exaggerate your skills.
Don't be afraid to say "I don't know", but always have a plan for finding out.

Believe it or not, that is how some interviews are cracked and after that, the person learns on the job. I have also seen cases where people get help from their "ssis/anything" expert friends, for thorny issues in development if forums and google cannot provide the answers. After they gain 2-3 years of experience themselves, they are set to sail (mostly) on their own.

I agree that one must not memorize questions. But, its still good to see some interview questions as if they exercises for you to solve. The more issues and problems you see, the more you learn.
Post #1526066
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse