Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Top 10 SQL Server Integration Services Best Practices Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:55 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 9:30 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Top 10 SQL Server Integration Services Best Practices
Post #984361
Posted Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:34 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 6:46 PM
I strongly suspect that 4.5 million sales transactions per second requires a fair bit of pretty expensive hardware and a whole lot of parallelism. I'm pretty sure that most installations can't do 4.5 million sales transactions per minute.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #984521
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 12:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:23 PM
Odanwada -

Did I miss a major citiation at the end of your article? You might want to try not blantly plagirizing others work. The article you claim as yours was originally written by Thomas Kejser and Denny Lee, members of the SQL Customer Advisory Team, and published in 2008.

Here is a link to the original article, and a wiki link to plagiarism, in case you are un familiar with its meaning.

http://sqlcat.com/top10lists/archive/2008/10/01/top-10-sql-server-integration-services-best-practices.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

Post #984541
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 2:09 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:26 AM
Trevor R Udden (9/13/2010)
Odanwada -

Did I miss a major citiation at the end of your article? You might want to try not blantly plagirizing others work. The article you claim as yours was originally written by Thomas Kejser and Denny Lee, members of the SQL Customer Advisory Team, and published in 2008.

Here is a link to the original article, and a wiki link to plagiarism, in case you are un familiar with its meaning.

http://sqlcat.com/top10lists/archive/2008/10/01/top-10-sql-server-integration-services-best-practices.aspx

Well spotted Trevor. Had major deja vu reading the article this morning.

Measure twice, cut once

Post #984572
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 2:52 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 7:45 AM
I was going to write a post stating that it was a great article, nicely written and really helpful for my daily routines. But luckily I've read the comments first.

Now I'll post a comment stating that the article is an excellent copy paste of another great article (which I didn't read yet).

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #984593
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 3:38 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:12 AM
The article has served to remind me to re-read the original.

I do hope Omeswar is not going to get paid for his Copy and Paste technique.
Post #984618
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 4:20 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 6:46 PM
Trevor R Udden (9/13/2010)
Odanwada -

I don't know if anyone else has done it but thanks for pointing out the plagiarism and I've reported it to the folks at SSC.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #984638
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 6:29 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:27 PM
I thought this article seemed very familiar..

Post #984700
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 7:19 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:57 AM
And they use to say immitation was the greatest form of flattery... Turns out plagiarism is the new immitation.

Congrats Thomas Kejser & Denny Lee on a great article!
Post #984739
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 7:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Nice article. But, for Omeshwar, Nice hard work of CTRL + A, CTRL + C and CTRL + V.

Nothing wrong in taking knowledge / Points from others, but there should be some changes when claiming it as your own.

SQL DBA.
Post #984750
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse