Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS package with Variable which prompts while executing Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:51 AM
Hi,

I am new to SSIS.

My Scrpit is as follows

Declare @var VARACHAR(1)

IF @var='' or 'S'
Execute Proc_Test_S
IF @var='D'
Execute Proc_Test_D
IF @var='T'
Execute Proc_Test_T

Could you please give steps to complete this one.

While executing the Package it prompts for Variable @var.

I am going to add this package in SQL jobs and scheduling this one.

Please help me....

Thanks,
Sasidhar P
Post #980990
Posted Monday, September 6, 2010 4:09 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:12 AM
Please explain - why are you using SSIS, when it seems that you are executing only T-SQL?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #980992
Posted Monday, September 6, 2010 4:15 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:51 AM
Hi Phil,

Its NT Bacth Job....
I am going to convert it into SQL job.

While the Script does not prompt i/p value for executing corresponding Procedure if its by SQL job

If i creat SSIS package it will prompt i/p value for which procedure to execute.

I may give 'S' or 'D' or 'T' or '' based on my requirement....

Thanks,
Sasidhar P
Post #980994
Posted Monday, September 6, 2010 4:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:12 AM
I would suggest that using SSIS to prompt for user input is a bad idea and generally accepted as bad practice. There is a good likelihood of the job hanging at some point while it waits for a non-existent user to respond.

Better to prompt the user using more traditional 'front-end' methods (eg a .NET program) and then execute the SQL job from the program, passing the input parameter.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #981006
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse