Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345»»»

SSIS & Environment Variables Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 5:49 AM
If Column1 is bit, it won't be an empty string. It'll either be 1 or 0 or NULL.

John
Post #1405824
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 7:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:06 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda confused too.
So you have an inbound column of datatype Char(1) or something character based? And you want to derive a new column from that which will be of type BIT? First I don't think you can have a null BIT value.. but I could be wrong on that, I dunno why one would want a null BIT...

In any event, this message and forum isn't the right place for your question.
Start a new thread, include in the subject something about "SSIS Expression Language".
Your question will get more attention that way.
Post a link to it in this thread. I'll poke around w/ your idea and if I come up w/ something I'll respond to your new post. No promises.
Post #1406003
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 10:29 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 8:54 AM
LTRIM(column1) == "" ? (DT_STR,100,1252)NULL(DT_STR,100,1252) : (column1) == "Y" ? (DT_STR,100,1252)1 : (DT_STR,100,1252)0

I finally arrived at the correct derived column expression.

Let me brief on this.
I am pulling the data from text file and dumping it into sql table.
So when loading column1 value from text file to sql table it should be loaded under BIT datatype.
So that why i have added the above expression to that column.

Hope this would help someone ....
Thanks for your reply. If i come across this kind of issue i will start a new thread.
Post #1406170
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 10:29 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

LTRIM(column1) == "" ? (DT_STR,100,1252)NULL(DT_STR,100,1252) : (column1) == "Y" ? (DT_STR,100,1252)1 : (DT_STR,100,1252)0

I finally arrived at the correct derived column expression.

Let me brief on this.
I am pulling the data from text file and dumping it into sql table.
So when loading column1 value from text file to sql table it should be loaded under BIT datatype.
So that why i have added the above expression to that column.

Hope this would help someone ....
Thanks for your reply. If i come across this kind of issue i will start a new thread.
Post #1406171
Posted Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:21 PM
SSC Rookie

1) I created an Integration service project

2) I created a common connection Manager for that project.

3) By sharing the same connection manager many number of packages exist under that project.

4) Now I need to set up the package configuration at project level.So that I do not need to go and enable the package config for every single package.

Please suggest.
Post #1430166
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

I've never tried it, but if your shared connection has the same name in each package, you should be able to create a single Package config in each package of the project using the same Configuration filter for each. Does that make sense?

Or maybe use a single configuration file for all packages in the project. I don't use config files, so maybe that doesn't work.
Post #1430390
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:55 AM
SSC Rookie

Jeff Thanks for your reply. Yeah all my packages use the same connection.But I am not able to create a sql server config because it throws an error saying this package path is not found.
Post #1430395
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:21 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 7:14 AM
Please be more detailed on where the error is coming from and what the error says.

What type of configuration are you trying to create? (XML, Table, etc.) and where in the creation process does it complain about not being able to find the package? And what exactly is the error message (every word, please).

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1430419
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:28 AM
SSC Rookie

I want to set up SQLTable package config.
1) I established a source(Source_DB) and destination (Destination_DB) connection (OLEDB connection) at connection manager level.
2) So those two connections are shared across all the packages under the solution.
3) Next I opened one of the package to set up table level package config.
4) The package config was saved successfully.
5) But when I clicked on EDIT package config it throws me an error saying 'This package is not laoded successfully.Because the package path is not available in the (Source_DB) and the package path is not available in (Destination_DB). I will send you the exact error details soon.

Thanks
Post #1430426
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Is your connection named the same in each package? Table configs are referenced by name in the table.
Try creating a table config in each of your packages that is strictly for this one connection. Don't put any others properties in it.

You could also try using an Environment variable. Not a very versatile package config as you can't change its value too often (ie w/o reboot). But that may be a good option, depending on your needs
Post #1430427
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse