Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Microsoft SQL Server Error 904 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:02 AM
thank you

ZERONA
Post #1010559
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:59 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:02 AM
thank you

ZERONA
Post #1010560
Posted Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:45 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:51 PM
Hello Friends, thanks for sharing the info on this. This is very helpfull. I got the same issue today and did multiple things......

1. the database is msdb, which caused the issue.
2. I figured out the issue is with Full Text files associated to my userdb's and I am having access denied issues even though my service account have full access to the file locations.
3. restart sql server did not work for me. I was able to rename the msdb physical files ever after sql restart. which means msdb is not connected to sql.
4. FINALLY, I rebooted server and then it worked..... :)..... and I think its the file permission issues.... and am assuming permissions were refreshed and am able to connect.

gud luck with this... this is a serious problem if its on prod. Make sure you have the backups available as a last option.
Post #1325565
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse