Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Powershell for data transfer from non-SQL Server database Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 17, 2012 4:21 PM
I have a tool that uses SSIS and stored procedures to extract data from a non-SQL Server database (Sybase) and loads the data into a SQL Server database. I have upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 and I am in the process of upgrading to Powershell 2.0. I want to wrap this process in a Powershell script and I would like to be able to remove SSIS from the equation if there is an OLEDB type SMO object available which would allow me to connect to a Sybase database source and manage the data in much the same way as I manage SQL Server databases through the use of SMO.
Post #959127
Posted Monday, May 30, 2011 3:33 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 4:58 AM
Hello,

What does that mean SMO ? = SQL Server Management Objects
SMO , when it connects to an instance , is using a ServerConnection object , itself using a SqlConnection object which cannot be used with databases which are not included in a SQL Server instance.
For what you want to do ( if i have well understood ), you should rely on a linked server.

But there is some classes in the namespace System.Data.Oledb which could help you like
OledbConnection, OledbCommand
For that, i suggest you to have a look at this link :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.oledb(v=VS.90).aspx

Have a nice day
Post #1116916
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse