Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Concurrent processing in SSIS – Part 1 Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:36 PM
Nice article. I am looking forward to the second part.

I am curious can you please explain the difference between concurrent processing and parallel processing in this context? If you are running processes concurrently, aren't you basically running them in parallel?

Thanks,
Post #939193
Posted Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:23 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, October 9, 2014 1:02 PM
dbowlin (6/17/2010)
I am curious can you please explain the difference between concurrent processing and parallel processing in this context? If you are running processes concurrently, aren't you basically running them in parallel?
I would generally say yes they are. But additionally you don't necessarily need to have all the processes do they same thing, in these examples you could have each section do something different with the decider being handled in the "Assign Data to Processes" task. So parallel vs. concurrent is more about semantics than anything else..

CEWII
Post #939207
Posted Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:29 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:17 PM
Thank you for the article Elliott!

I think you will find this related information interesting. CozyRoc has recently released a new third-party commercial task called Parallel Loop Task. What this task allows is execution of multiple "Foreach Loop Container" iterations in parallel. The setup is very simple:

1. You point to existing loop container that you want executed in parallel.
2. You select how many concurrent threads you want to use for the loop execution.

In tests, a CPU intensive sequential process when executed in parallel on 4-core machine was executed 3 times faster compared to the sequential.

We believe this new task is very powerful tool that can help you use your computer resources in the most efficient way.

---
SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Post #975320
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse