Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Select that runs out of disk space. Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:17 AM

Hi,

I have a server with 2 disks: 68Gb (C:) with OS and applications and 205Gb (D:) for data bases.

I install a SQL Server 2008 in a 68Gb disk and the data bases are in the 205Gb disk.

When I run a SP with a query to select data from several related tables, the space from disk C is running out fast.

How can I prevent this? How can I configure my SQL Server 2008 to use the disk space from drive D:?

Thnx.
Post #921554
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:33 PM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 8:03 PM
looks like your log drive and your tempdb drive are on C

* Noel
Post #921556
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:45 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:10 AM
move your Tempdb to the d: drive. there are several articles on-line on how to move you tempdb.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.
Post #921565
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:17 PM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Today @ 11:01 AM
- You said that drive C: is 68 GB, but how much disk space was free before running the stored procedure?
- Have you used Sysinternals FileMon or Process Monitor to log disk i/o events and determine which file(s) are growing?
- Does the stored procedure contain just select statement, or it is also inserting or updating as well?
- Is the stored procedure selecting into a temporary table or table variable?

When installing SQL Server, by default, the master and tempdb databases are located on the same drive as the application.
For example:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data

Also read this article: Troubleshooting Insufficient Disk Space in tempdb
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176029.aspx

"Winter Is Coming" - April 6, 2014
Post #921589
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse