Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSIS object search using T-SQL Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:57 PM
James - Thank you. We're just looking at transitioning from SQL2000 DTS to 2005 SSIS and this helped me understand. Since you work a lot with SSIS can you tell me whether you have found how I might call a SSIS package to execute from VBA? Perhaps by executing a stored procedure from VBA where that stored proc executes the SSIS package?
Thanks
Post #921716
Posted Friday, May 14, 2010 6:57 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:03 AM
Bill Boyer-284226 (5/13/2010)
James - Thank you. We're just looking at transitioning from SQL2000 DTS to 2005 SSIS and this helped me understand. Since you work a lot with SSIS can you tell me whether you have found how I might call a SSIS package to execute from VBA? Perhaps by executing a stored procedure from VBA where that stored proc executes the SSIS package?
Thanks

Bill, if you are executing the VBA from the SQL Server then look into using DTSExec http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162810.aspx. If it is from a remote machine, my approach would be to set up an unscheduled SQL Agent job to run the SSIS package. Then use sp_start_job to run the job. I think you will find that the SQL Agent and SSIS have been nicely integrated and it's easy to set up packages and run them in this fashion.

Post #921991
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:25 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:36 AM
A number of our packages have XML that is encrypted. Is there a quick way to add decryption to these queries?

I've been playing around a bit, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!
Post #935672
Posted Friday, June 11, 2010 5:00 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:01 PM
Maria Vogel (6/10/2010)
A number of our packages have XML that is encrypted. Is there a quick way to add decryption to these queries?

I've been playing around a bit, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!

I would turn on SQL Profiler and trace the MSDB database when a encrypted package is opening to see how the SQL engine decrypts the SSIS package using a function or something else.

Post #936366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse