Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345

No SFTP Task Component in SSIS 2005/2008? No Problem! Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:28 PM
Peter, thank you. I actually don't need to change a directory. I might want to do it in the future but for now a directory where psftp.ext is sitting is fine.
I ran the same command I generat inside the code but manually by opening the psftp and I was able to copy the file.
Since I was able to copy a file from my machine to the server, I don't think the problem is with the credentials/accounts used (me vs. SSIS). I am stumled upon this really.....
Post #1160656
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:45 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

This is very weird but when I added lcd and created a subfolder within the folder that contains the psftp.exe, I was able to copy the file! I tried wildcard to copy all .xml files and that did not work.... Hmmm, at least copying one file works.
Thank you, Peter!
Post #1160671
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:25 PM
for the wildcard you need to use mget instead of get (as per putty docs)
Post #1160693
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:23 PM
Grasshopper

Yes, I just figured that out. Thank you!
Post #1160739
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:11 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:15 PM
Hello,

I have read the article and the discussion with interest. I've tried to build and run a package that moves a file on our company's network to a test SFTP location.

I've attached an email task to the OnError event. I'm not getting any errors via email or when I see the window when I am running the package.

Unfortunately, the package hasn't yet worked. I'm wondering if that is because putty needs to have a private key specified. (When I connect via WinSCP to see if the file is where I am trying to put it, I need to specify the private key.)

If the private key is the problem, how would I implement that in the original solution?

thanks,
Post #1302094
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:25 PM
I've dropped the putty solution in favor of ssissftp.codeplex.com, a custom package that has worked very well for me.
Post #1302106
Posted Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:42 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:44 AM
Hi Mark,
Great post on the C# script. I'm a complete newbie with this. Do you have a download version of the script?
Post #1393057
Posted Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:25 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:27 PM
I have just written an article on an SFTP open source custom task component that works much more reliably than this method:

"SFTP, encrypt or compress data files in SSIS using custom components"
Post #1550742
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345

Permissions Expand / Collapse