Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Document Management. Where to Store Documents. In file System or Database. Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 12, 2010 6:47 AM
Hi Everybody

We are in design of a Document Management System. The application is expected to store files of type Office Documents, Images and PDFs and the count of documents would be between 2000 and 3000 per day. I would like to know primarily where the documents to be stored; i.e Store the files in File System or to Store in Database.

If I store the files in Database will the database be able to hold the load.

Experts Please Advise.

Thank You.

Anil
Post #918841
Posted Monday, May 10, 2010 2:17 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:59 AM
Since you're using SQL 2008, have you considered FileStream? Best of both worlds - in the filesystem, backed up with the database.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #918858
Posted Monday, May 10, 2010 3:54 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, November 12, 2010 6:47 AM
I Haven't. I am new to Filestream. I will go through that. Thank you very much for you insights on that.
Post #918886
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse