Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

outputting a sql database to an email /to windows Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 12, 2010 3:12 PM
I have imported a microsoft database into sql server but now I want to 'export' it out into a folder in windows explorer in order to email it? has anyone know the easiest wya to do this. Is it making a backup of the database?
Post #914223
Posted Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:23 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:11 PM
craig 84462 (5/1/2010)
I have imported a microsoft database into sql server but now I want to 'export' it out into a folder in windows explorer in order to email it? has anyone know the easiest wya to do this. Is it making a backup of the database?

yes, making a backup, zipping it is the recommended way; but any database with any amount of data is going to exceed most email servers max size limits; you'll most likely need to put the zip of the backup on an ftp site and email the site/ftp_username/ftp_password instead

making a backup is easy: right click on the database name in SSMS, Select Tasks...Backup...
let us know if you need more advice.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #914225
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse