Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Transparent Background Color in SSRS Textbox Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:11 AM
I get a warning similar to this:
[rsInvalidColor] The value of the BackgroundColor property for the textbox ‘textbox22’ is “Transparent”, which is not a valid BackgroundColor.
every time I use "Transparent" as a color in the conditional expression for BackgroundColor.
Why does this happen? The reports seem to work regardless. In newer reports I am using "White" in similar circumstances, but since "Transparent" is the default BackgroundColor why does it generate an error?
Post #904282
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:24 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:28 PM
I know this post is over a year old, but the same error has got me puzzled.

I'm using SSRS 2008.

I also get this error when using "No Color" in a conditional expression. That's what the property value is set to when first opened. I've got two textboxes, and I set each one to use each (non)color.

[rsInvalidColor] The value of the BackgroundColor property for the text box ‘Textbox57’ is “No Color”, which is not a valid BackgroundColor.
[rsInvalidColor] The value of the BackgroundColor property for the text box ‘Textbox58’ is “Transparent”, which is not a valid BackgroundColor.

Here's the expression I'm using:

=iif(Parameters!RptGrouping.Value="Region",iif(Fields!Grp1.Value<>" ","Transparent","LightGrey"),"Transparent")

Basically, if the report is at a Regional level, I want to color the text box Light Grey if the Grp1 field is populated. It works, even with the error. Is this one of those times where I ignore it and move on?
Post #1234333
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:40 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:28 PM
I changed one little search parameter after posting the problem, and found the answer.

Instead of "No Color" or "Transparent", I used "#FFFFFF", and it works flawlessly.

Found at http://www.johnstagich.com/Blog/post/September-2010-Quick-Hits.aspx.
Post #1234344
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:15 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:48 PM
w.plymesser (1/11/2012)
I changed one little search parameter after posting the problem, and found the answer.

Instead of "No Color" or "Transparent", I used "#FFFFFF", and it works flawlessly.

Found at http://www.johnstagich.com/Blog/post/September-2010-Quick-Hits.aspx.

of couse it does FFFFFF is white. That is NOT transparent
Post #1345258
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:35 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2014 7:21 AM
Set the color to Nothing and it works:
=Iif(Fields!InstanceBlackout.Value = 1, "Orange", Nothing)

Found the answer here.
Post #1354354
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse