Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Snapshot Replication for the Beginner - Part 2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 25, 2002 12:00 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:48 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/snapshotreplicationforthebeginnerpart2.asp>http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/snapshotreplicationforthebeginnerpart2.asp

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #8985
Posted Tuesday, February 3, 2004 8:55 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:20 PM

"Good Karma".  I certainly need plenty of that

Very nicely done.  Replication tends to be either an underused or misused feature of SQL Server.  You've done a great job of getting people started on the right track.  For those of you that are just getting into replication, get used to snapshot replication before you dive into merge or transactional.  I think there's a specific reason Andy went with "Snapshot Replication for the Beginner" instead of "Transaction Two-Phase Commit Replication with a Publishing Subscriber Heiarchy for the Beginner"

Post #98507
Posted Tuesday, February 3, 2004 12:05 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:00 PM

Gr8 article

thanks

pl. do address how to move tables with identity fields ( auto increment fields ) in this series.

Post #98566
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:39 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 1:13 AM
Very nicely done! The 1st and 2nd articles take a lot of the mystery out of this task and really make it simple. I've not had to do replication before, but it's coming up! Thanks for the leggup.

Yeah... I'd like to know how to replicate with the IDENTITY property intact for making "test" databases. If you get the chance and you already wrote about it, can you post the link here? Thanks, Andy...

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #536405
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse