Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

3rd party replication software Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:11 PM
Well said.

CEWII
Post #903422
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:00 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Monday, June 16, 2014 11:58 AM
GSquared,

You said that it took your servers off-line most of the day. Was that both servers ("failed to" and "fail back")?
Post #903609
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:14 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 12:43 PM
AVB (4/14/2010)
GSquared,

You said that it took your servers off-line most of the day. Was that both servers ("failed to" and "fail back")?

Yes, both sites go offline (effectively) while failing back.

Steve Lavoie contacted me separately, and he thinks he knows why, and might be able to do something about it, but isn't sure. Discussion continues....

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #903618
Posted Monday, January 10, 2011 5:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:33 AM
Hello,

i'm very interested in this topic. I have similar issues (with another replication software). Have the corruption issues been solved?

Thank you

GSquared (4/14/2010)
AVB (4/14/2010)
GSquared,

Yes, both sites go offline (effectively) while failing back.

Steve Lavoie contacted me separately, and he thinks he knows why, and might be able to do something about it, but isn't sure. Discussion continues....
Post #1045217
Posted Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 2:25 PM
GSquared, what was the ultimate outcome of your discussion with CA about this issue? We have had similar problems with ARCserve during DR tests (some databases being suspect on the replica).

I've been tasked with researching alternative solutions because management is understandably nervous about the reliability of the ARCserve solution in light of this issue. Obviously, if there is something which can be done to address the issue with ARCserve then I would prefer to do that rather than architect a new HA/DR solution from scratch.
Post #1377072
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse