Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Run an SSIS Package Under a Different Account Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 18, 2014 3:10 AM
Nice Article!!! Thanks for posting...
Post #891991
Posted Monday, March 29, 2010 11:53 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, November 12, 2010 1:31 PM
I have one question about this section:
Enter the credential name - Enter the domain account, and password. Repeat the password in the 'Confirm password'. This account should have the right access to the application database.

We use windows authentication to connect to the database. So if I put individual account, I can use network password. What if I need to add a group for credential, and the group doesn't have a network password. What should I put in password field?
Post #892084
Posted Monday, March 29, 2010 4:44 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:35 PM
I don't think a group account without password will work this way. The originally purpose of doing that is to bypass different accounts that do not having access...
Post #892305
Posted Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:53 PM
One question for this:

What if the credential's password get changed? I had been using one credential and created a proxy to run the SSIS package in SQL Agent jobs, but the job failed after the password for the account changed.

any comments will be appreciated.

cheers,

Min
Post #952841
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:53 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Please check the ProtectionLevel of the SSIS package.
If it's not DontSaveSensitive, change it to.
Hope that helps.
Post #953368
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:53 PM
Thank you Grey Cat,

I did what you told me to, but the package still fails.

the only way i can avoid the failure is to change the 'credential' password under security of the database.

I guess i did not make it clear
I found that whenever the user's password is changed in the windows operating system, i have to change the passward in the SQL server credentials too otherwise it will fail the package scheduled under the Sql Agent jobs.

My case is - one of our system administrators just went ahead changed the password without telling me and all my packages failed, i had to let him reverse back the password (or i could have just changed the password in SQL security - credentials)

And I wanted to know if there is another way to avoid this troublesome.

cheers,

Min
Post #953573
Posted Friday, July 16, 2010 10:02 AM
Grasshopper

I see. the password in credential has to be the correct account password. Sorry, but your admin has to inform you if the password has been changed.
Post #953983
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 6:11 PM
Great article. Used on a SSIS package for verifying addresses via the Melissa Data Contact Verify component against MS CRM contact addresses. Account running SQL agent did not have permissions to access data in the CRM db. This allowed me to setup a proxy with a known user and it worked like a champ.

Gene A Scruggs
American College of Emergency Physicians
Technical Support Manager
Post #1376229
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse