Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Answers to Your QOD Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 10:25 AM
honza.mf (3/19/2010)
0/69 now.
I think the "correct" answer is worth 100 or maybe 1000 points

The responsibility of submitter is clear. But the ...? ... discussions...

Shhh... Now you're just giving it away

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #886120
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 1:34 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Monday, December 8, 2014 6:07 AM
The Responsibility is more on the Question Posted by the user....he has full responsible for all this.....
Post #886128
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 1:47 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, November 27, 2014 5:23 AM
As I'm awaking: It's a pitty SSC has only QotD with one correct answer (radios) or more correct questions (checks). This one is candidate for order (first three). It could be a good feedback for SSC team.

My order:
1. Submitter
(long pause)
2. Steve Jones (or some other editor)
3. Microsoft

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
© Dr.Plch
Post #886131
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 2:57 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 12:44 AM
For me the question of the day is about learning and not about the acquisition of points. When I get a question wrong I look deeper into it, I learn more. If the answer to the question was wrong, when I look into it, it just reinforces what I knew or learnt. I am always grateful to the bigger brains of SSC who expand and clarify points when the question was ambiguous or badly formed, in these discussions I learn even more. Thank you.
Post #886158
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:40 AM
How can the community be responsible for the answers if they/we don't have the means to decide on changing the answers?

The submitter posts the question with answers, which will make those available to the community. There is no way for the community to do something about it beforehand. So, definitely initially, we are not responsible for the answers.

And if we are responsible for the answers, then I want the answer to this changed to be only the submitter. If that will not be done, it will directly prove my point!
Post #886161
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:12 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, November 10, 2014 9:11 AM
I'm intrigued that (based on current figures) more than 30% of respondents think the person submitting the question shares none of the responsibilty for the accuracy of the answers. Can anyone who answered in this way explain why ?

I think you could make a case for all of the answers being at least partially right, apart from the presumably non-existent 'expert panel.
Post #886164
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:17 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Monday, December 8, 2014 6:07 AM
and then from all users try to post questions with wrong answers ..then who was responsible for this kind ...
Post #886165
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:31 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:32 AM
I think the question and the answer given show that the answer given to the question cannot possibly be correct...Quad erat demonstrandum, one might say!!

Btw, can I have 2 points?
Post #886173
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:41 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:07 AM
Damn I got the answer correct, I must be wrong

It's the responsibility of whoever asks the question to know the right answer. Its the responsibility of those that answer to discuss the questions incase the questioner has got it wrong themselves.

Then everyone's learning.

P.S I wouldn't expect Steve to judge every single question. Yes there could be a panel of elects that judge, but it can be just as interesting a debate when the question and answer do not match.
Post #886177
Posted Friday, March 19, 2010 3:50 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 8:02 AM
As someone who has published questions, I take the matter seriously, investigating and making sure of all the facts (or endeavouring to do so) before submitiing my questions.
However, something could slip. I take the feedback received from the community as another opportunity to learn.

I personally think this is an extremely valuable site, where knowledge gained (albeit through hard knocks or interesting twists) is shared in the community in this way.
It enriches all parties who do make the effort.

Post #886185
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse