Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Calculating Moving Averages with T-SQL Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 11:02 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Calculating Moving Averages with T-SQL
Post #876514
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:05 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, January 6, 2014 1:47 AM
Nice article and Very well explained...

Cheers,
Satnam
Post #876596
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:03 AM
All topics are very good here.. when I read this full details so I am very impress to this.........
Acai Optimum
weider x factor
Post #876622
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:58 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:22 AM
Lovely piece of work..
Post #876631
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:27 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:43 AM
Gabriel P (3/3/2010)
Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Moving+Average/69389/">Calculating Moving Averages with T-SQL</A>

Excellent article, Gabriel. I reckon it's time to start messing with those pesky CTE's again.

<< and therefore isn't a good indicator of what the immediate future might hold. >>
Have a word with Gail about DBCC TIMEWARP, without too much effort you should get the last ten days and the next ten days.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #876651
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:01 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:01 AM
hi ..........i m aldon .how 2 improve my sql tech.
Post #876669
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:01 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:51 AM
Great work, thank you! Would love to read more about technical analysis and sql. Or even better: portfolio theory and sql. BTW: does someone know if using MDX / Analysis Server makes sense here (query performance wise)? I guess it could make sense if all you need is the most recent moving average, but I know too little about AS to really have an idea. I was thinking about trying to use AS to calculate securities price correlations. Maybe someone knows if it makes sense to try this at all. After all you need to import the daily securities data into the data mart every day (I hope it is possible to add only the most recent day after an initial import). If someone has any hands on experience about (ten thousands of) time series in AS, I would be most interested...

Regards
Tim
Post #876670
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:38 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:53 PM
This is very useful and well detailed. Much appreciated!!!

HoggZilla
Post #876684
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:15 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, October 31, 2014 10:19 AM
Excellent article.

I have a huge volume of historical data [3 years of data at 15 minute intervals] and will try out the method this weekend

Thanks
Post #876725
Posted Thursday, March 4, 2010 7:00 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, May 31, 2014 10:37 PM
This is one of the best articles I have read in a long time. Excellent work.
Post #876809
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse