Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Question: Profiler trace!!! Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:07 PM
Hello again,

As i was reading in a fantástic link send by Gail Shaw, i put a profiler running to catch all the queries in a period o time but, now i've got more questions about it.

I attach a file Aux-Profiler.xlsx where i've inserted all the data that becomes from one *.trc file:

Questions:
1st How can i see what event is the one in the first raw as the procedure name appears NULL

2nd Am i doing the conversion to minutes well?
I need to get all the info that was running more than a minute but i'm completely lost on how should i change the data used to minutes/seconds.

The only diference between what i've been doing and the fabulous link (http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/finding-the-causes-of-poor-performance-in-sql-server,-part-1/)
is that when creating my table i change the field TextData from varchar(4000) to varchar(max)
I send you to the file with all the steps (Aux-Profiler-Steps.txt)

3rd I put @maxfilesize = 3000 in the profiler template (Aux-Profiler-Template.txt)
I need to know if the file will be rewrited if the file growth to 3GB (@maxfilesize) before end time?

4th Can i use any parameter that create a new file(s) when the maxfilesize will be at limit?

Thanks and regards,
JMSM

Post Attachments 
Aux-Profiler.xlsx (20 views, 11.99 KB)
Aux-Profiler-Steps.txt (22 views, 1.49 KB)
Aux-Profiler-Template.txt (18 views, 1.86 KB)
Post #875825
Posted Friday, March 5, 2010 12:00 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:59 AM
Questions:
1st How can i see what event is the one in the first raw as the procedure name appears NULL
-- You can capture EventClass column (27) in your profiler

2nd Am i doing the conversion to minutes well?
I need to get all the info that was running more than a minute but i'm completely lost on how should i change the data used to minutes/seconds.
-- in SQL Server 2008, duration field stores microsecond. So, 1,000,000 = 1 second

3rd I put @maxfilesize = 3000 in the profiler template (Aux-Profiler-Template.txt)
I need to know if the file will be rewrited if the file growth to 3GB (@maxfilesize) before end time?
-- @maxfilesize = 3000 means a new trace file will be generated (automatically) when current trace file reached 3GB of size.

4th Can i use any parameter that create a new file(s) when the maxfilesize will be at limit?
-- refer 3rd. you don't need to. file name will be appended will a running number.

[/quote]
Post #877417
Posted Friday, March 5, 2010 2:40 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:07 PM
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
JMSM
Post #877483
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse