Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

#Error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:39 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:58 AM
I have a report that works perfectly in Visual Studio but when I deploy it to Report Manager running on my development machine one field shows #Error. I have set logging to verbose mode but I am not getting anything to show that an error occurred. I have no idea what is wrong and without an error message or code I don't know where to begin solving this - and I've been trying for some time now!

The field in question contains the expression
=System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile("abcd", "SHA1")
and I have added a reference to System.Web in the report properties.

Can anyone tell me how to debug a #Error or what might be wrong with this method call?

Thanks

Post #865974
Posted Monday, November 18, 2013 12:21 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:43 AM
Hi,

Are you able to solve this? If Yes, Please post how did you solve this.

I am having the same issue but I am using some expression to calculate the percentage.

It works fine in designe but showing #Error in Report Manager.

Thanks,
Divya

Post #1515325
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:21 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 8:58 AM
Can't remember how I got around this now. I've not seen anything like it since so can't help you, sorry.
Post #1515449
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:53 AM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:27 AM
What is the field doing? Usually this is an error with the data, like a divide by zero, conversions, or trying to do an operation on an incompatible data type. Are you developing the report against production data or a test db?
Post #1515564
Posted Monday, January 6, 2014 2:27 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:12 PM
I agree with Steve. Normally it's conversion or calculation error. The twist is it works in BIDS but not when deployed (I guess with the same data).
Post #1528256
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse