Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««89101112»»

Report Server Diagnostic Reports Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:27 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:45 AM
no, the person that used to handle the report building used VS2010 with TFS source control. We just kept following that process.
Post #1361490
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:46 AM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 8:21 AM
I can't advise you in deploying in such a manner, unless you are using some sort of custom .net application with the report viewer control.
Those reports are designed to be deployed via BIDS and only BIDS.
Assuming you are running in native mode, have you attempted to upload the reports manually through the report manager as described below.

1.Go to Report Manager
2.Too keep all clean, you can create a folder in which you will keep all your reports
3.Create the data source, if not yet existing, by selecting the New Data Source link. ◦Specify Microsoft SQL Server as the Connection Type.
◦Specify the database Connection String as follows:
data source=[Name of database server SQL Instance];initial catalog=[Name of database]
◦Connect Using the Credentials stored securely in the report server and specify the user name and password used to connect to SQL Server instance installed in the database server.
4.Upload the report by selecting the Upload File link and navigate to the RDL file stored in the system.
5.Using Show Details view, edit the uploaded reports by selecting the Edit link.
6.Under the Data source link, assign the previously created shared datasource as the source of data for the report.
Note: The “Apply” button needs to be selected to apply the changes made for the report.

Post #1361502
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:20 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, December 6, 2013 7:45 AM
Love the reports and for the most part they have been easy to add additional columns (Linked Report, Linked To, Hidden). One thing that we are trying to get working is the showing of each datasource within a report. Currently the report shows multiple lines for the reports that have multiple datasources but the datasource name shows the same one for each because of the subquery selecting Top 1. If this has been addressed I appologize, I haven't seen it in the posts.

Thanks

Post #1364875
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:18 PM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

You can start by running this query.

SELECT Dsc.name DataSourceName,
Cat.path,
Cat.name AS Reportname
FROM catalog AS Cat WITH(nolock)
INNER JOIN datasource AS Dsc WITH(nolock)
ON Cat.itemid = Dsc.itemid
Post #1364906
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:18 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, December 6, 2013 7:45 AM
Thanks for the info but to be more specific, it's this section of the ReportInventory report query that's giving us the headache:

(select top 1 cat1.Name
from Catalog
join DataSource on Catalog.ItemID = DataSource.ItemID
join Catalog cat1 on DataSource.Link = cat1.ItemID
where Catalog.Type = 2 and Catalog.ItemID = c.ItemID ) as dataSourceName,

because it's a subquery it is limited to return one row even if multiple data sources are in place. We have tried to break it out and use a temp table to hold the data initially and then query from there but have not been successful.

Post #1365502
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:11 PM

Valued Member

Try this...then circle back to fill the nulls (linked datasources)

SELECT DISTINCT Cat.Name AS Reportname, dst.Name AS DataSetName, Dsc.Name AS DataSourceName, Cat.Path
FROM DataSets AS dst RIGHT OUTER JOIN
Catalog AS Cat ON dst.ItemID = Cat.ItemID LEFT OUTER JOIN
DataSource AS Dsc ON Cat.ItemID = Dsc.ItemID
WHERE (Cat.Type = 2)
ORDER BY Reportname
Post #1365525
Posted Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:08 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your RDL's for the Report Server management report and great job. It was very helpful and helped resolve most of my issues promptly.

Regards.
Post #1425089
Posted Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:21 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:34 PM
Top job Michael
Post #1443600
Posted Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:19 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:37 PM
Thank you for the reports.

I downloaded the zip file, extracted the rdl files and imported them into a reporting project.

I like the design and choice of color for the reports.

They provided excellent information about the reports.

I currently have them on my desktop machine.

Does the fact that these report, being released to the public, mean we are allowed to use them on a production server?

I don't use anything in production that is not licensed.

Thanks

Gary

Post #1450823
Posted Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:09 AM
SSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:48 AM
Go right ahead, Gary -- your thank you is enough!

I'd also look back over the comments. MaricopaJoe has made some significant additions to his version of these reports and posted his code changes in the comments -- Sadly I haven't incorporated them into the base set in the download.
Post #1451063
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««89101112»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse