Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123124125126127»»»

Talking baseball Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Yea, it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. Games in April count just as much as ones in Sept though. Sometimes one game is all that seperates a few teams at the end.

My Reds have 4 guys on the DL... #4 hitter goes down on opening day and is out till July and #1 starter is on the DL too. Not a good way to start the season.

Post #1447668
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 11:26 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:58 PM
Markus (4/29/2013)
Yea, it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. Games in April count just as much as ones in Sept though. Sometimes one game is all that seperates a few teams at the end.

My Reds have 4 guys on the DL... #4 hitter goes down on opening day and is out till July and #1 starter is on the DL too. Not a good way to start the season.

How about Choo though? 0.492 on base percentage at the end of April. That is incredible.
Post #1447669
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 11:31 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

roryp 96873 (4/29/2013)
Markus (4/29/2013)

How about Choo though? 0.492 on base percentage at the end of April. That is incredible.

Unbelievable on base percentage.... He is making a case to be the #1 Free Agent in the off season.

Post #1447671
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 11:39 AM
Ten Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:32 AM
Ha! Love it!
"Girardi, however, lauded third baseman Kevin Youkilis for helping everybody forget that Alex Rodriguez is still on the team."

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1447675
Posted Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:25 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:29 PM
CO is leading the division, so I'm not sure how much we count a month of baseball. A few year ago the Yanks were 10 out at the All Star break and made the playoffs.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1448337
Posted Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:41 AM

Ten Centuries

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/1/2013)
CO is leading the division, so I'm not sure how much we count a month of baseball. A few year ago the Yanks were 10 out at the All Star break and made the playoffs.

I hear ya Steve... so many folks say half way through the season stick a fork in this team or that team.... I say... it ain't over till its over...

I remember the last time the Marlins won the WS... they rolled into Cincinnati and swept the Reds right before the All Star break... they were 10 games below .500 at the All Star break... ended up being the Wild Card and winning the World Series....

Back in the late 90s the Angels were like 11 games behind the Mariners with like 15 games left in the season and on the last day of the season won the division.... Meltdowns and hot streaks happen.

Post #1448377
Posted Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:51 AM
Ten Centuries

Talk about scary. Happ had a rough night I bet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Post #1450531
Posted Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:44 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:29 PM
Went to Yankees/Rockies last night. First game in two years, and almost a rainout. It drizzled, and then came down hard almost the entire game. We only watched 2 innings, and then the last 2 batters from our seats.

Still it was fun to go with a friend.

A pitcher's battle most of the game, if you can believe it.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1450719
Posted Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:24 AM
Ten Centuries

Nats/Tigers game last night. Pretty much the same atmosphere. Started out raining then slowed down to a misty drizzle. Game was delayed an hour but I got to see Mr. Triple Crown and Prince Fielder play! It stopped drizzling just before game time and it turned out to be a beautiful night.
During the first couple innings I checked out the scoreboard for other games going on and I saw the Twins were up on Boston 11-5 in the bottom of the 2nd... I had a strange feeling the night wasn't going to end well.

Post #1451149
Posted Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:57 PM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:58 PM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/1/2013)

Well they're coming back down to Earth now. Glad they came to Wrigley the past 3 days, the Cubs managed to take 2 out of 3 and climb out of the basement of the NL Central for the time being!
Post #1453790
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123124125126127»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse