Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««111112113114115»»»

Talking baseball Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:16 PM
My Red's are out but I will continue to watch until the last out of the W.S.

Deciding game 5's today.

Post #1372025
Posted Monday, October 15, 2012 3:40 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 1:47 PM
Well, I just got back from a week and a half vacation today, so I haven't been doing much posting . . .

Jeter -- GAH!!! Our offense (or lack of) was already hurting with him (one of the few productive bats) in the lineup. Now we have to go on without him? My gut feeling is that Detroit won the AL pennant after he went down.

And as much as I love my Bronx Bombers, it still irks me that Joe Girardi still insists on the "bombers" part. Okay, we have a rep as a homer-happy team, but it bugs me that we rely on the home run. The big hit won't always be there. We really need to play small-ball. I still think our best team in the past couple of decades was the '96 team that played a National League-style of ball. Yes, we were still the Bronx Bombers, but we could also manufacture runs if necessary. That's what this team needs to do -- and isn't.
Post #1372973
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:24 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 9:20 AM
A little umpire booboo helps too, the Tigers I mean.
Man it seems as though Yankee fans have already given up on their team! You're only down 2-0. Remember back in the day when New York was up on Boston 3-0 in the ALCS. The only people that gave up on Boston was Yankee fans, sports announcers, and everyone else not in Boston. The Red Sox ended up coming back and winning 4 straight games to take themselves to the World Series and eventually defeat the Cardinals in another 4 straight games. Keep hope!
(man, I love telling that story)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1373193
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:49 AM

Ten Centuries

I am pulling for the Tigers... why... they haven't won the World Series since 1984.

Post #1373206
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:09 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 1:43 PM
I'm a Yankees fan, and the 4 run 9th was amazing the other night, but otherwise they haven't shown much. Course, I remember back in the mid 90s when the Braves went up in the WS and the Yankees came back to win.

However if one of the 4 is to win, I have some love for the Tigers, as Markus noted. They haven't been there recently and the others have.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1373343
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:52 AM
Ten Centuries

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 9:20 AM
I liked the Tigers last year too. With last year's MVP and the person who should be this year's MVP (Mr. Triple Crown), it would be fun to see them win.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1373369
Posted Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:14 PM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 12:26 PM
Aw yeah!

Just one more win to go for the Tigers!!

I think I'm seeing brooms tomorrow!
Post #1373616
Posted Friday, October 19, 2012 7:56 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 1:47 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Congrats, Tigers. Good luck in the Series.

Next year, Yanks.

Get well soon, Jeet.
Post #1374834
Posted Friday, October 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Ten Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 1:06 PM
Giants aren't fairing much better. Hope I we get to see them come home, at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
Post #1374977
Posted Friday, October 19, 2012 12:08 PM

Ten Centuries

SQLDCH (10/19/2012)
Giants aren't fairing much better. Hope I we get to see them come home, at least.

looking more like a Cardinal / Tigers series... rematch of 1967/2006.

Go Tigers! LOL

Post #1374981
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««111112113114115»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse