Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to view subscriptions to a publication Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:06 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:36 AM
Hello all,

I am attempting to delete a publication in SQL Server 2008. When I attempt to delete it, I receive the error:

"Could not drop article. A subscription exists on it. (Microsoft SQL Server. Error: 14046)"

However, there are no subscriptions listed under Replication. When I launch Replication Monitor, Subscription Watch List, there is a subscription listed. However, when I right-click on it, and try to click on Properties or "View Details", it says that the subscription doesn't exist.

I am hoping that perhaps using a T-SQL command, I can better understand what is happening. Does anyone know how I can use a T-SQL command to view the subscription to the publication, and delete it? I would also appreciate any suggestions that involve the GUI.

Thanks.
Post #821359
Posted Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:40 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 12:38 PM
I am having the same issue and when i try to remove the subscription is gives an error saying subscription ("The Subscription could not be droped at this time.change database context to Account") is in use in in fact its not. I am using Merge Replication and wondering if this is my issue...either way does anyone have any ideas as how to drop this and start over..i was thinking of just removing the distribution database all together but i am sure there will be something stopping me from that as well. Any ideas?
Post #1338251
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse