Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Connection problem to Oracle DB with a DTS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:42 AM
Hi,

I have to make a connection to a Oracle DB 11g with a DTS. I add the connection settings in my Oracle client TNSNAMES.ORA.

in The DTS, i choose the icone "Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle"

I gave the values in the fields Server : , Username : , Password :

When i push the button ok, the connection is accepted but when i return to the icon, the field "Server : " is empty.

Note that i can add a "System DSN" without any problem. I tried also with another DB of Oracle in the DTS and it work but the version of Oracle is 10 or 9 i believe.

Please help !

Post #817115
Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:22 AM
laurent_landry (11/11/2009)
Hi,

I have to make a connection to a Oracle DB 11g with a DTS. I add the connection settings in my Oracle client TNSNAMES.ORA.

in The DTS, i choose the icone "Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle"

I gave the values in the fields Server : , Username : , Password :

When i push the button ok, the connection is accepted but when i return to the icon, the field "Server : " is empty.

Note that i can add a "System DSN" without any problem. I tried also with another DB of Oracle in the DTS and it work but the version of Oracle is 10 or 9 i believe.

Please help !

The problem is DTS is a development task so Oracle client is required and for 11g that is almost 2gig for Windows operating system. And you also need the Oracle OLE DB driver instead of the Microsoft driver.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle11g/111060_win32soft.html

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #817588
Posted Monday, November 23, 2009 4:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:42 AM
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I used "OLE DB" and now it's working fine. Once again thanks for your help.

Laurent
Post #823179
Posted Monday, November 23, 2009 11:30 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:22 AM
laurent_landry (11/23/2009)
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I used "OLE DB" and now it's working fine. Once again thanks for your help.

Laurent

I am glad I could help.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #823427
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse