Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Ask SQLServerCentral Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:25 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Ask SQLServerCentral

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #804869
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 3:36 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:53 AM
Well, I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and state I reckon this is a sensible evolution.

Although I can't be sure, I'd strongly suspect that most SSC members found this site because they wanted a question answered rather than venturing into SQL and just wanting a community to join. If I'm right, then the answering of questions should be regarded as one of the most fundamental functions of this site, and anything making it easier to achieve this should be welcomed.

I'd also say that I don't see reconciling the forums and the Ask site is going to be such a quantum leap, so I'm looking forward to it.

Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat
Post #804948
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 7:18 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:25 AM
Glad you like it.

I think you might be right, and we will be looking at ways that we can easily move people from one side to the other, maybe even a semi-automated one to move the questions that make more sense on the other side. Or duplicating them.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #805012
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 10:28 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:23 AM
I guess I'll join it, but man, I get tired of having to create yet another username/password/identity on the web. I just wish I could take my identity from here, and have it apply automatically on ask.sqlservercentral.com. But that's too much to ask, I'm sure.

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #805168
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 2:58 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:02 PM
Sounds good to me. I have found StackOverflow very useful, particularly lately with a couple of .NET issues so a SQL Server based one would be excellent.

Nicole Bowman

Nothing is forever.
Post #805287
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse