Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

ASK SSC Announcement Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:55 AM
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item ASK SSC Announcement
Post #804665
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:53 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:53 PM
I am not quite sure why you have started this other site, are you not going into competition with yourselves? seems to me there is a danger of diluting this site, I am now not sure whether I should post here or on ASk SQL Server central.

could you explain the rationale behind the new site and the differences you expect in the type of questions posted?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #804668
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:58 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:49 PM
George,

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have some thoughts coming Monday, and I think we'll end up with either

A) a split audience, some choosing one format over the other
B) different types of questions/posts. I hope this is the way things go and more direct questions with specific answers on the ASK site, and more discussion items on this side.

Again, it's a bit of a work in progress. It would be great to somehow merge things at some point.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #804701
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:01 PM
Steve -

Is not having direct link to ask SSC from here a concious decision, or just something that hasn't happend quite yet? You know, in the navgation areas, etc...

I could see both continuing to do well, IF there is enough traction to get ASK big enough to have usable info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #804702
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:01 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:49 PM
It was more of an oversight. I woke up to find the site live and an email asking me to get something up.

I've added an announcement, and I expect that by Mon we'll have it on the left bar somewhere. We are trying to figure out how to integrate this into the site and make sense.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #804788
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse