Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Beginner at replication - How can you tell how often replication kicksoff? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 12:44 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 13, 2014 6:57 PM
I'm a beginner at replication, and trying to look at an existing replication job. From server A to server B. Looks like its just one-way replication. with a A being the publisher/Distributor, and B, being the subscriber. Is there a way to tell how often replication kicksoff? a scheduler of some type? Need to answer the question "is replication occuring every 5, 10, or 15 minutes?" or is it constant, every time a change occurs on A, is B automatically updated. Basically a continuous update/replication?
Post #794689
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 3:25 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 1:59 PM
It depends.
It depends on the type of replication. If it is Snapshot replication, it will be scheduled to run at a certain interval. But if it is Transactional replication and set with immediate, then it will update as soon as a data is changed. (Of course there might be a small lag)

-Roy
Post #794792
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 3:31 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

How can I tell whether its snapshot or transactional? I'm thinking its just transactional, but I'll double check.
Post #794797
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 3:32 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Ok, its transactional.
Post #794798
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009 3:33 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Where do I check to see if the transactional rep is set to immediate?
Post #794799
Posted Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:05 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

If you script the Publication, check what is the value for @repl_freq. If it is continuous, then it updates the subscriber immediately.

-Roy
Post #795091
Posted Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:02 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Awesome! Thank you very much. Really appreciate your help. I owe you a 6 pack.
Post #795149
Posted Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:19 PM

Hall of Fame

Glad I could help... Send out the Six pack by post...

-Roy
Post #795403
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse