Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Script all the jobs on a SQL server 2005 and apply them in SQL 2008 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 16, 2011 7:33 AM
hi Amit!
Thank you again for your assistance.
According to your suggestion, I moved line 172 before line 169 and that seems to have resolved the discrepancy for the error checking.

On #2 in my post, I did a search on "schedule_uid" in the original script and replaced with "schedule_id" to change the field so that jobs can be recreated on SQL2005 instead of SQL2008. I ran your script on a test server.

It generated the code to script out all jobs. However, when I went to run it, I received the following:

Msg 209, Level 16, State 1, Line 211
Ambiguous column name 'schedule_id'.

Not sure if I am not understanding something in the logic.
And, no, as I am new to this post, I do not know how to update a submitted script. I did send an email to sqlservercentral and asked. I hope they reply.

Let me know what you think about my schedule_id issue.

Thank you !!
Post #858039
Posted Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:20 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, December 16, 2011 7:33 AM
Amit,
I heard back from the folks at SQLServerCentral and you are to do the following to edit your script:

If you go into the contribution center and edit it, it will get resubmitted. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Contributions/Home

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to your response to my #2 question above.
Post #858050
Posted Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:38 PM
A point of note.

If you need to use this script to recover the jobs from a restored copy of msdb that isn't named "msdb", you'll need to recreate/alter the system views dbo.sysjobs_view, and dbo.sysoriginatingservers_view to reflect the restored DB name.

rj
Post #1102814
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse