Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Designing Customized Company Reports Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:24 PM
I have to design reports that need to abide by the designing standards of the company.

Logo and Company Details in Page Header
Date/Time and Page Number in Page Footer
Company Colors as Color Scheme for Grouping Tables

How can one create new reports and use a design template automatically creates the report with the above mentions settings.

I have tried the editing the CSS already ... but doesn't support using images

Arguing with Programmers are like wrestling a pig in mud, soon you realize the pig is enjoying it.
Post #771836
Posted Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:52 PM
Hi,

This is not very complicated however I am not sure you can create a template because both header and footer in SSRS comes with base restrictions. So spend time to create one make sure you get the result you wanted and use that as a sample for future versions. You need to make sure your images are either GIF or JPEG and file size is small. So I think the first thing to do is read up on the header and footer restrictions.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #772779
Posted Monday, September 14, 2009 8:09 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:09 AM
Hi, roelofsleroux.
Maybe you can try RAQ Report. As I know, developers can save designed report style in the style list with it. Then, when meet report with same condition, users can select the desired style directly.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool
Post #787494
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:41 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:36 AM
Here is a discussion about creating templates - http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/12/06/500462.aspx

The main key seems to be to put the starting report template in the right folder for Visual Studio to see it.

Post #788457
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:41 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM
IMO, templates were somewhat of an afterthought in SSRS; however, you can also use Custom Assemblies and Code Modules:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155034(SQL.90).aspx

We have integrated SSRS into hosted applications and I used the above to setup style elements based on client.

Post #788636
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

boumerlin (9/15/2009)
IMO, templates were somewhat of an afterthought in SSRS; however, you can also use Custom Assemblies and Code Modules:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155034(SQL.90).aspx

We have integrated SSRS into hosted applications and I used the above to setup style elements based on client.

The problem with full trust assembly is the you cannot run the application in all places.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #788641
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:03 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:05 PM
I just dropped my assembly in my C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder on the Report Server and have never had a permissions issue.

Post #788644
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:06 PM
Hall of Fame

boumerlin (9/15/2009)
I just dropped my assembly in my C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder on the Report Server and have never had a permissions issue.

That means your what is in your assembly is qualified for medium trust.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #788660
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse