Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Client application can't connect to sql server 2005 express Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:53 AM
Hi!
I have an application developed on Visual Studio 2008 using webServices and sql Server 2005. After install on a client, with server - windows server 2000 - and sql express 2005, and clients windows xp, some computers can connect to database, but there is one that can not connect during the login. It can connect to webservice ok, but during the login it remains waiting and waiting.. and not logs in.

Any ideas of what is 'blocking' the connection? I think the firewall could be blocking this access, since the others computers can connect..
If is firewall, what ports should i open?

Post #760622
Posted Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:52 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:11 PM
Is Express running, I don't think it is set to start automatically. Also is SQL Browser running? If not it might not be able to find it. Are you referencing the server with the full name servername\instancename?

CEWII
Post #761240
Posted Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:53 AM
Hi Elliott W,
Thanks for your reply.

Now, the problem is solved. It was a proxy server that was blocking the access to database server..
Post #761334
Posted Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:45 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:11 PM
Great, glad to hear it..

CEWII
Post #761890
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse