Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

restore failed: 1130(Not Enoughserver storage space) Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:44 AM
Hi,

I do have a enough space in a server D: and E: drive, I reboot the server too, but still getting a following error

System.data.sqlClient.sqlError:Read on
"z:\databame" failed: 1130(Not Enoughserver storage is avaliable to process this command)(Microsoft.sqlserver.smo)
Post #757793
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
Where is the backup from, another server? How are you doing the restore, SSMS or script? What are you trying to do, restore a Production DB, create a new DB from a backup?

John Rowan

======================================================
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
Post #757822
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:54 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

I want to restore the last night full db backup from production to test, I delete the test db, I am using simple restore process, Database, restore databse and defne the db name and backup files name (network files)
Post #757832
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:57 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:19 AM
Mak

Check whether your test server has enough drive space. If yes then copy the Backup file from production and paste it in test server and then restore it.

If your script throwing an error then do it through SSMS, so you can easily restore it to the test server.

Regards,

RSK....
Post #757835
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:03 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

thanks, I will try
Post #757839
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
Keep in mind that the data and log file physical path/names are stored in the backup header so you need to make sure your restore is moving the files to the new drive/path/filename of your test server.

Use RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK='your backup file path/name' to find out the production path.

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
Post #757846
Posted Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:14 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Thanks
Post #757851
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse