Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL SERVER SP to ORACLE Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:31 AM
hi all,
I have to migrate stored procedure created in sql server to ORACLE 10g.
I done with searching google but no helpful links.
Can any give me hint to do it?
Thanks,
Neerav
Post #755508
Posted Monday, July 20, 2009 2:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:03 AM
I'm not aware of any tool able to convert your code from T-SQL to PL/SQL, I think you will have to do it manually.
If such a tool existed, anyway, I would never trust it enough to make that translated code to production without checking it, that could be the exact same cost as porting manually.

Regards
Gianluca

--
Gianluca Sartori

Get your two-cent-answer quickly
spaghettidba.com
@spaghettidba
Post #755573
Posted Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:06 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
You can always try Oracle Migration Workbench but the naked truth is most of the time you would have to rewrite the procedure from scratch. Read the SQL Server version, understand what it does then write the Oracle version.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #785176
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse