Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Failing SQL 2005 Cluster Installation because of too many cpu's Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:59 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Failing SQL 2005 Cluster Installation because of too many cpu's

Post #752488
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:12 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:20 AM
I had this trouble about 1 mounth ago and fixed exactly as you said...
I spent more than 13 hours to figure out what was happening...

I'm sure that you article is going to be very usefull to many people!

Thanks...

Eduardo Pin
Pin
Post #752649
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:43 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:56 AM
Thanks for the article and bringing the possible show stopper in before I start installing my new cluster next month for a new project.

I added your article in briefcase, to be on safe side.

SQL DBA.
Post #752721
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:41 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Saturday, April 26, 2014 12:44 PM
Sander,

I'm curious...Were there any suspicious-looking error messages in your installation logs?

Also, what did the Windows Event logs hold (both Application and System) for the failed service start that corresponds to the error message you displayed via screenshot?

I've never run into this error, but we maintain a few clusters and I'd love to have some errors to cross-ref if I run into something that looks very similar.

thanks,
Aaron
Post #752801
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:17 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 17, 2010 3:04 PM
I've had this same issue. This isn't really related to just clusters. It's the same on a stand-alone SQL Server 2005 that does not have a power of 2 number of CPUs
Post #752842
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:01 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

ammo (7/14/2009)
Sander,

I'm curious...Were there any suspicious-looking error messages in your installation logs?

Also, what did the Windows Event logs hold (both Application and System) for the failed service start that corresponds to the error message you displayed via screenshot?

I've never run into this error, but we maintain a few clusters and I'd love to have some errors to cross-ref if I run into something that looks very similar.

thanks,
Aaron

There was no significant error that pointed out that is was CPU related. The thing was that I googled the error and and in the results I found a post by someone that was already removed that showed a little info that showed me the way.

But I'll post the errorlogs tomorrow.

Post #752873
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:24 AM
SSC-Addicted

fhooglander (7/14/2009)
I've had this same issue. This isn't really related to just clusters. It's the same on a stand-alone SQL Server 2005 that does not have a power of 2 number of CPUs

You could be right. I haven't got the chance do test it with a standalone server. But the same article could help out with standalone servers.

Post #752890
Posted Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:56 PM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Friday, April 4, 2014 4:40 PM
Excellent Article. I ran into a very similar problem a while ago, and my final answer after struggling with it for quite some time and even taking the unusual step of contact MS tech support was to migrate that server to 2008.

If this article had been out then it would have saved a lot of time.

---
Timothy A Wiseman
SQL Blog: http://timothyawiseman.wordpress.com/
Post #753048
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:56 AM
Nice article !
This is a time saver !
Thank you for sharing the experience.

Johan

Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
but keeping both feet on the ground won't get you anywhere

- How to post Performance Problems
- How to post data/code to get the best help

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt ?

"press F1 for solution", "press shift+F1 for urgent solution"

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me
Post #753199
Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:15 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:25 AM
Great article, I had this a few months ago and used that method.

Hopefully this will save some people the time on google should they experience it.
Post #753584
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse