Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Login Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:15 AM
Hi There

Two things, i registered for your newsletter a while back and now every day I get the same email 8 times, can this be fixed please

The second thing is when i click on a link to the article it takes me to the internet page and asks me to log in, but when i put my email & password in nothing happens???

Thanks
Post #749057
Posted Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:28 PM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:54 AM
As for the first thing, make sure that Steve Jones is aware of this.

For the second: You username and password only work for the newsletter links that ultimately end up at SqlServerCentral.com. They all start at SSC, but because there are many items outside of SSC, many of the links are actually indirect links to other sites.

Some of these other sites have their own registration and login requirements.

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Post #751772
Posted Sunday, July 12, 2009 5:52 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:02 PM
We only send one copy of the newsletter to each email. If you are getting multiple ones on the client, we have seen this when the client sometimes has an issue with their mail server for the newsletter. I'm not sure why, but we've tracked this back to many clients just not downloading the entire message for some reason and then re-requesting it. Please check with webmail or your postmaster on this.

As far as putting in your name and password, Barry has explained that we don't necessarily have agreements with other sites. If you have specific items that are causing issues, please post the URL.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #751776
Posted Monday, July 13, 2009 12:17 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:15 AM
Ok...Thanks guys :0)
Post #751810
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse