Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

automate the process of database uploading from local system to dbsever Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:03 AM
I have a local system and I have a DB server.From local system to DBserver only port 1433 is open.From local system first I have to connect VPN and then I can connect the DB server.
I want to automate the process of database uploading from local system to dbsever.Can it be possible?if yes please tell..

URGENT .....

Thanks

Post #746844
Posted Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:58 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:59 AM
You can create a VPN connection through a batch file. At this website you can see how to do that: http://www.aeonity.com/frost/howto-windows-xp-vpn-into-remote-location

From the batch file you can use the SQLCMD command to execute other queries. Through scheduled tasks you can execut the batch file at a certain time or multiple times.

Post #749047
Posted Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:11 AM
You could use this tool on the server to connect to your local DB and retrieve the DB as BAK file: BAK to local
Post #1566283
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse