Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

SQL Server Memory Configuration, Determining MemToLeave Settings Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 3, 2014 2:42 PM
prash.k.r.p (10/22/2012)
HI Jonathan,

I have one issue here, If nay idea please let me know

Some of my SQL server are not releasing a VAS memory so we need to restart the server every time to release it. any cause or any solution / settings needed please.

Thanks in advance.
KRP

What VAS consumers exist in the instance? The only thing you can do is start removing them one at a time to find the one that is causing the problem. If you can't do that, upgrade to 64-bit, where you won't have problems caused by fragmentation of the VAS.

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs
Post #1375657
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:15 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 26, 2012 8:38 AM
HI ,
Vas reaches up to 90 %, i mean when we check total memory is 108 mb and the free space would be below 20 mb like that. it is not coming down until it restarts SQl server.

Thanks.
KRP
Post #1375923
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:12 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Monday, November 3, 2014 2:42 PM
prash.k.r.p (10/23/2012)
HI ,
Vas reaches up to 90 %, i mean when we check total memory is 108 mb and the free space would be below 20 mb like that. it is not coming down until it restarts SQl server.

Thanks.
KRP

That doesn't answer the question I asked. I am sorry, but unless you answer the specific questions I ask about this problem, I can't help you understand the causes beyond what is in the article. I don't have time to ask the same questions over and over and chase down your problem for you if you aren't going to answer the questions.

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs
Post #1375993
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse