Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Restoring Using DMO - Getting File List and No Recovery Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 12, 2002 12:00 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:53 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/restoringusingdmogettingfilelistandnorecovery.asp>http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/restoringusingdmogettingfilelistandnorecovery.asp

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #7413
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2002 12:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 28, 2005 8:26 AM
No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!

Post #43708
Posted Thursday, November 28, 2002 9:56 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:55 AM
Using SQL DMO is interesting and also the article from Andy. Thank You Andywarren.

But I would apreciate anybody if you could let me know how to restore a particular file which are listed in the backupdevice. The situation is :
I have scheduled to take differential backups followed by a full backup. Now I want to do this :
- how to list all files of the bkup device
- how my end user will select a file to be restored
- how will I specify that file in the DMO to restore ( First let the full backup file be restored and then the selected file )

Navis

Navis
Post #43709
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse