Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database Option Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 3, 2013 1:52 PM
Hello -
If sometime prior I use sp_dboption to set 'trunc. log on chkpt' on a database. Is their a "point and click" way to check that this option is set OR do I have to run a query in Management Studio?

Thanks very much.
Post #734458
Posted Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:30 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:54 AM
Not AFAIK. Why would you want to do this anyway? This option can do bad things to your DB environment.

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Post #734553
Posted Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:04 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:23 AM
I think you can't, did you check, right click on the database and select "properties" I advise you against it, you will result in database that can't recover to the latest transaction in case of database crush.

Oded
www.dbsnaps.com
www.orbiumsoftware.com
Post #734556
Posted Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:44 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 6:30 AM
Truncate log on checkpoint is a deprecated option (has been since SQL 2000 I think) and will be removed in a future version. The replacement is to use the recovery models, simple if you want the log to auto-truncate and you don't need point-in-time recovery or full or bulklogged if you do need point-in-time recovery and intend to manage the log yourself.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #734569
Posted Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:45 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:54 AM
GilaMonster (6/14/2009)
Truncate log on checkpoint is a deprecated option (has been since SQL 2000 I think) and will be removed in a future version. The replacement is to use the recovery models, simple if you want the log to auto-truncate and you don't need point-in-time recovery or full or bulklogged if you do need point-in-time recovery and intend to manage the log yourself.

Right. My bad, for some reason I read "Truncate" but I think "Shrink" even though I know darn well that they are not at all the same. :-(

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
Post #734630
Posted Monday, June 15, 2009 4:11 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, July 14, 2014 1:05 PM
can u run sp_helpdb 'db name' and provide us recovery model of ur db
Post #734877
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »