Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

subscription error Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 29, 2010 5:10 AM
I had to blow away my publications and replications. When I rebuilt them, I get the error: "Cannot use DROP VIEW with 'dbo.AVIView_Software' because 'dbo.AVIView_Software' is a table. Use DROP TABLE. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 3705)

Get help: http://help/3705". What d I need to do to completely remove the publications and replications?
Post #723279
Posted Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:57 AM
Follow the microsoft article below to manually remove the replication

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324401

hope it helps

-Sat

Cheer Satish
Post #723318
Posted Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:51 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

I have 2 Publications/Subscriptions. Using the GUI, I delete those, then disable the Distribution. I then rebuild the Distribution and the Publications/Replications. One works beautifully, the other generates the error. The one that works is set for refresh every 15min. The one that fails is set for refresh once a day. Does the GUI not do what the steps in the article do?
Post #723367
Posted Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:55 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, November 11, 2013 2:21 PM
Thanks. That link led to the fix. I had to change the machine.config file though. I tried to change the web.config but that didn't work for some reason.

Post #723370
Posted Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:34 AM
Valued Member

I had to drop 3 views to get it working:

drop view dbo.AVIView_Sensors

drop view dbo.AVIView_Software

drop view dbo.AVIView_LeafNode
Post #723417
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014 2:19 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:13 AM
Hi experts,

I have similar error but different scenario...

I want to replicate a view that is created from tables from another server. Let say I have 3 servers, svrA, svrB and svrC. The view, viewB, is in svrB. viewB is created from 2 tables from svrA. This viewB is then replicated to svrC.

I cant make it work because it throws me an error like here.

Is what i do correct ? I just want to make single data source so that i dont have to modify many tables from many servers...
Finally, How can i solve this error ?

thanks alot
Post #1581015
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse