Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Mathematical Auditing Of Email Broadcasts Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:37 AM
Hello,

Since this article is as interessing and usefull as "Ordering Tables To Preserve Referential Integrity" article, I ask the same question that I asked for the "Ordering Tables To Preserve Referential Integrity" article :
would it be possible to have the same script for sql server 2000 ? Badly I am not able to do the transformation (there is no Common Table Expressions in sql2000).

Thank you very much.

Post #731633
Posted Tuesday, June 9, 2009 5:24 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:10 PM
Thank you for the reply.

I can do this, but it will take a couple of weeks before I can get to it.

I will reply when it's done.

Glen Cooper

R Glen Cooper
Post #731950
Posted Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:37 AM
Thank you very much !!!

Best regards
Post #734284
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:45 PM
I love this article. DAGs seem to show up everywhere. I used them in a gene assembly program I wrote.

I am now working on groom email lists and this article is worth it's weight in platinum to me.

I do see a challange though. The redirects may not occur in an email system you have access to. If you send a broadcast to a group of customers, you will not see the redirects because they occur in the customer's email system.

At my former employer, when an employee quit, we made a redirect from the salesperson's mailbox to the sales manager's mailbox. When the sales manager quit, the redirect went to his boss.

So the question is how to track the redirects from the marketing communications company. I do not think you can.

I still loved the article though.

Nick Stein
nstein@bizcad.com
Post #805972
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:58 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:10 PM
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct in that we have no way to see redirects in other email systems, so redirections from them to your own are possible.

I assume that your salesperson, sales manager, and his boss are using the same system so there shouldn't be an problem here (unless I'm confused about what you meant).

Glen

R Glen Cooper
Post #806010
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:45 PM
Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. I was just using that as an example. Of course, since they are within our mail system, there would be no problem. However, if I am the MarCom company trying to reach those people, the sales manager's boss could end up with two or three of the same email and the MarCom would not know it.

btw, on of your other responses pointed to the wolfram site. I had heard of mathamatica and we used it in gene research, but I had not heard of the web site. So I got two great things out of you post.

Nick
Post #806028
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse