Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Designing a Database to Contain data for Multiple Clients/Companies Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:28 PM
The company where I am working is growing. We are bringing on more Clients and someone suggested that we'll need more databases (maybe 1 for each. client) - yea my heart stopped for a sec. Not a great idea if you have thousands of clients huh? yea not gonna take that approach.

Well I know there has to be someone out there who has encountered this situation.
Where I used to work someone put a CompanyID column in ea. table to segragate the data by Company.

If anyone has information of different approaches. Pros/Cons etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

Post #720598
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:56 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:54 AM
Do you mean to say each database for indivisual client on the same instance???

- Pradyothana

http://www.msqlserver.com
Post #720759
Posted Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:55 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:28 PM
Yes. My manager though is having none of it - thank God!!

I guess this person has done some programming in the past - those are the folks that scare me.

They seem to know just enough to be dangerous and also have a mgrs ear. Thankfully my mgr
also still codes so she's not out of touch.
Post #720827
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse