Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS report error : Multi value parameter report error only with Select All Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:05 AM
Hi,
I have an issue to report paramters

I have a report which group by data based on 2 paramters and also from and to dates The Issue is that whenever during the report execution I do a “Select all” from the second parameter List–and when I click view reports it does not display the report. it throws an error

Default value or value provided for the report parameter 'ProcessNm' is not a valid value.
But this error is not thrown always. It is weird that sometimes it works perfectly with “Select all” the parameters.
I assume that the above error could be occurring since it is trying to pass a comma separated parameter string into the dataset query which accepts this parameter.

If we may think that this is a data parsing issue due to the fact that staging database has different data than development, but then it should never execute it from SSRS at all. The issue is that it execute same query with all the parameters selected sometimes.
The interesting part is that The error mentioned above does not appear always and instead it just clears out the parameter
Another thing observed was that if the refresh button (not view report button) continuously it displays the report correctly once and next time it throws error then again displays correctly.
The SSRS environment on staging and development are SQL 2005, but on staging SSRS is 2005 but database is SQL2008.
The SSRS logs shows the error which appear randomly appear while calling GetReportParamters internal function
The same query was captured from tracer when it worked on staging and was executed and works fine from backend.
Also there are no null values in the parameter lookup tables
Anyone faced this situation in your report with muliple paramter "select all"
Appreciate any help or clues towards the resolution.

Regards
MP

haha
Post #711622
Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:02 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:40 PM
I've seen this myself. There seems to be no pattern to the occurences. I wonder if it gets fixed with the application of the latest service pack.
Post #945770
Posted Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:46 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:17 AM
Hi

I ve used this 'Select All' for a parameter....bt havent faced a single problem while running the report....

Post #948286
Posted Friday, October 5, 2012 5:45 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 5, 2012 6:04 AM
I have the exact same problem using 2005 server, I was wondering if anyone has come up with an solution?

Thanks
Post #1368952
Posted Monday, October 8, 2012 6:45 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:26 PM
Hi,
See this link efficent way to pass the multivalue parameter
http://www.bi-rootdata.com/2012/09/efficient-way-of-using-all-as-parameter.html
Post #1369778
Posted Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:59 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:21 PM
Please post your T-SQL query if possible ?

And also try to use SQL Server profiler to get the exact query being passed along with parameter values selected to the database engine.

BI Developer
SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, IBM Cognos, IBM Infosphere Cubing services, Crystal reports, IBM DB2, SQL Server, T-SQL
Please visit... ApplyBI
Post #1370312
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse