Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database '' is not valid to be included in the maintenance plan. Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:27 PM
I am receiving the "Database '' is not valid to be included in the maintenance plan." when backing up the transaction logs of selected databases. The weird thing is the databases that are getting the error are not on that server or included in the maintenance plan. I do not have any snap shots either. And I have verified that all databases are compatibility level >80.

Thanks,

Steve
Post #711547
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:11 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
Lets pretend I didn't read the part about affected databases not being part of that server.

Is the offending Maintenance Plan set up to backup "All Databases"?

if this is the case try selecting User database individually.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #711614
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:45 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

No the maintenance plan is set to backup the transaction logs of only selected databases, not all databases. And the databases affected were removed from the server a while ago.
Post #711969
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:13 PM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:37 PM
When those databases were removed, was the maintenance plan modified to remove the old databases?

Jeffrey Williams
Problems are opportunites brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
Managing Transaction Logs
Post #712416
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:26 PM
Forum Newbie

Not sure, since I didn't remove them. However I would have figured that if a database was removed then it would cascade to the maintenance plans. However I guess not. I am going to try to remove the maintenance plan and recreate it to see if that fixes the errors.
Post #712428
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:29 PM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:37 PM
Steve Park (5/7/2009)
Not sure, since I didn't remove them. However I would have figured that if a database was removed then it would cascade to the maintenance plans. However I guess not. I am going to try to remove the maintenance plan and recreate it to see if that fixes the errors.

No - don't remove the maintenance plan. Just modify each task and re-save it to update the list of databases. When you create a maintenance plan, and select a set of databases - that set is saved in the plan. Removing a database does not 'cascade' - so the original maintenance plan is trying to backup a database that no longer exists.

Like I said - just open the task and resave the plan. That should remove the old databases.

Jeffrey Williams
Problems are opportunites brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
Managing Transaction Logs
Post #712430
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse