Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Sending Mail In SSIS Using Script Task- Simpler and Flexible Approach Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:47 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Sending Mail In SSIS Using Script Task- Simpler and Flexible Approach
Post #710831
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 12:07 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:05 PM
Manish..please repost the images as they are not displayed in the article.
Post #710833
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:06 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, March 28, 2014 3:57 AM
Can I second that request - the article is very useful but I'm trying to use this idea to create a more generic mail solution I can use for alerts on my data loading and without the images it's just too much guesswork (I could work it out with a bit of time, but time is very limited here at work! ).
Post #710889
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 5:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, May 28, 2012 8:27 AM
wonderful article, but handicapped without the images :-(

please post the images
Post #710955
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:07 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:12 AM
The article is missing all its screenshots, would it be possible to republish the page again
Post #710973
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:13 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:49 PM
I'm interested in this article, but where are all of the screenshots? Those images will help the readers to understand what you were talking about. Could you please repost the screenshots?

--------------------------------------------------------------
DBA or SQL Programmer? Who Knows.
Post #710977
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:19 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:12 AM
Useful article, but I think it is easier to use the Send Mail task with Expressions to dynamically set properties such as MessageSource, To, From, Subject etc.
Post #710986
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:28 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:15 PM
As stated this might have been an interesting article when it was complete.

However: apart from the missing images I read no arguments in his article to come to the conclusion that a script task is simpler to send mail from SSIS than the Send Mail task. To me the conclusion is therefore no more then an opinion.
To come to that conclusion I would like to see the stated (more complex) functionality, with an implementation both using a script task and using the sendmail task. Only then it could be pointed out what the simpler and more flexible way is to do so.
That might also stimulate a discussion about the used techniques, in which optimizations and best practices might be developed/shared.

Peter Rijs
BI Consultant, The Netherlands
MCITP BI Dev & DB Dev (SQL 2008 & 2005)
Post #710994
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 7:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 08, 2009 1:50 PM
I have a question - if I send mail this way, is it easier to track when the mail was sent & to whom? And last, any way to see an actual copy of the email being sent?
THanks!
Post #711054
Posted Wednesday, May 06, 2009 7:36 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:07 PM
Cannot see all the images and information. Please re-post
Post #711058
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse